Here’s what you need to know this morning of Wednesday, January 13, 2016.
Liquor banned on Sinulog parade route
Stores along the Sinulog grand parade route were reminded not to allow parking nor sell liquor in Sunday’s activity.
Councilor Dave Tumulak met with business owners to remind them of the guidelines on the selling of alcohol and parking. Last year, images of drunk revelers who slept on the streets led to calls for the banning of street parties along the carousel route this year.
- Cebu Daily News: No liquor, no parking along parade routes
Other Sinulog Stories:
- Sun.Star Cebu: Devotee City ready to welcome 3,000 pilgrims on Friday
- The Freeman: Sellers mix faith with business in Basilica
- Cebu Daily News: Kidnapped baby’s grandma attends novena to thank Sto. Nino for safe return of grandchild
- Cebu Daily News: Sinulog sa Kabataan winner vows better performance for Grand Parade
Arrogant taxi driver fined P6,000
For ordering his passengers to disembark amid heavy traffic, a taxi driver was initially fined P18,000.
The fine stemmed from the complaint of Wella Mae Olmedo, whose Facebook post about her ordeal also led to the suspension of taxi driver Bebiano Dapal Jr.
Olmedo said Dapal asked her for P2,000 after her baby vomited in his taxi. During the hearing in the Land Transportation and Regulatory Board office, Dapal cried after hearing the verdict. This prompted Olmedo to forgive him and spurred the hearing officer to reduce the fine to P6,000.
- Sun.Star Cebu: LTFRB fines ‘arrogant’ cab driver P6,000
- Cebu Daily News: For demanding P2K, cabbie, boss fined P6K
Family caught with P2M worth of drugs
A public school teacher, her husband and three children were caught with P2 million worth of shabu during a raid by police in Camotes Island.
The teacher denied the allegation but the police say they conducted a buy-bust and saw the couples three children repacking shabu.
- The Freeman: Family ‘caught’ with P2M drugs
- Sun.Star Cebu: Teacher, husband caught with P2M worth ‘shabu’
Other Cebu News Headlines
Sun.Star Cebu: Fire destroys three rooms in Capitol Site apartment
Cebu Daily News: UP Cebu wants fire victims out of disputed property
Cebu Daily News: SWU grad who once feared dentists top dentistry licensure exam
Cebu Business Headlines
Cebu Sports Headlines
Sun.Star Cebu: Local triathlon team to go commercial in 2016
Sun.Star Cebu: Cebuano youngster loses to ex Australian Open youth doubles winner in Peugeot PHL Men’s Open
Cebu Daily News: ALA fighters pick up training for Feb. 27 Pinoy Pride 35
Cebu Daily News: MLKP Ninos, Cebu’s most succesful basketball team, to make comeback in Countrwide Basketball League
The Freeman: Odilao organizes Balik Baroto Regatta for Sinulog